In the previous article: Mastering the Art of Video Marketing Part I, we mentioned that you need to do a few things before you can do video marketing. These include doing research, a video script, making and compiling the video and marketing the video. So, without further ado, let’s get into the gritty details.
The research aspect of video marketing is pretty much similar to the one I explained in researching content for article marketing. The only additional step here is to identify which type of video you wish to make.
Once you have done the research, list down the information in point form, mind map, flow chart or whichever method suits you well.
Prepare a Script
To write a simple script, do the following:
1) Open a new notepad file or any writing software document on your computer or if you prefer, take out a physical notebook and a pen/pencil.
2) Write an introduction about who you are, what you are doing/promoting and your website or blog address.
3) Type, copy and paste or write the pointers from the research section above in your writing software document or notebook.
4) Rephrase each pointer until it becomes a complete sentence. Do not worry too much if the sentence sounds simple just as long as it is comprehensible.
5) Elaborate on each point sentence by adding 3-4 sub-pointers and then rephrase these sub-pointers until they make complete sentences.
6) At the end, thank the viewer for watching your video and recommend them to check out your website or blog for more information, free stuff, et cetera.
7) Check the script carefully for any mistakes and read it through at least once to see if it is easy to understand.
Make And Compile Video
Since there are basically two types of video you can make, I will touch on each of them below:
1) Open a simple slide making software like Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides, et cetera and choose a template with preferably a light coloured background.
2) Display your website or blog link at the bottom of every slide.
3) Use the pointers you have prepared in the research part above and make a new slide with each of the pointers. Ensure that the words are quite visible and that the slide is short and sweet. Remember that the slides only serve to provide the main points of your content while you will narrate each point further in the background.
4) Rehearse the script you have prepared above. Once you are ready, read from the script and record your voice using a simple microphone connected to any recording program found on your computer.
5) Finally, use a simple video compiling software like Windows Movie Maker, Camtasia or any others to compile the slides and the sound files. Ensure that you synchronize the slides and the sound.
1) Set up your webcam or video cam.
2) Rehearse your script carefully and try to memorize or understand what you are going to say. Put the script aside or away from the camera but in your view (in case you need to refer to it).
3) Once you are ready, record yourself saying or performing the content. Try not to constantly refer to the script and act natural and normal.
4) Always begin with introducing who you are, what you are doing/promoting and inform the viewers about your website URL. Then go on to explain or perform the content. Finally, end with recommending your viewer to check out your website or blog for more information, free stuff, et cetera.
5) When you are done recording, import your video into a simple compiling video software like Windows Movie Maker or Camtasia. Add your website or blog URL at the beginning and the end. Edit and trim down the unnecessary parts while at the same time, ensure that the sound and video are synchronized. Once you are satisfied, compile the video.
Additional Tips For Making And Compiling Video:
1) Limit your video to about 2-5 minutes. Remember that you want to provide valuable content to your viewers, but at the same time you don’t want to bore them to tears with long videos. But if you really must release a long video (say about 15-20 minutes), then break them up into parts with each lasting not longer than 5- 7 minutes.
2) Don’t sound or act too rigid or nervous. Instead, be calm, compose and relaxed. Be as natural as possible. Occasional mistakes and fumbles are okay.
3) Don’t let your voice sound too monotonous. Vary your tone, pitch and loudness accordingly, try to sound enthusiastic and inject some humor where possible. With that said, it doesn’t really mean that you must sound very professional or artificial. Be natural and most importantly, be yourself.
4) As for live video, don’t worry too much about looking silly or clumsy. Again, be confident, be yourself and natural and do not be afraid to make minor mistakes because it makes you look more human and helps your viewer identify better with you.
5) And most importantly, stop pondering about whether you can do the video and start working on actually doing the video.
Marketing The Video
1) Go to the following video sites and register an account at each of them:
• YouTube - https://youtube.com/
• Vimeo Video - https://vimeo.com
2) Read the rules, regulations and guidelines of each site about the type of content that is allowed/disallowed and what you can and cannot do. Then, follow the instructions on how to upload your video onto these sites.
3) Put relevant popular keywords related to the content of your video as tags.
4) Copy the video source code from either one of the video sites and paste it into a new post for your website/blog.
5) Social bookmark your videos, link to them from your blog with good anchor keywords.
And with that, you can be on your way to making and marketing incredible videos. Remember, video marketing, if done correctly, is one of the most effective way of driving tons of traffic to your site and thus increasing your website’s popularity.
Now, if you are serious to learn more about content marketing and SEO services to generate traffic and improve sales for your website, get a FREE consultation from a 786SEO expert by clicking the button below.
In today’s attention deficient society that is easily entertained by videos, one of the main content marketing ways to bring tons of traffic to your website is by video marketing. So read the rest of the article to find out about how I’ll touch more in depth on how you can drive traffic to your blog or website by video marketing :-
What Is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is the process of making a video and then using that video to drive traffic to your website or blog. Now, before you turn off the computer and tell yourself that you can never make a video let alone market it, let me assure you that video marketing is not as difficult as it seems. But first, let me explain why you should do video marketing.
Why Do Videos?
The most obvious reason is that video is the “in” thing now and will be for the next few years. As you probably know, YouTube, a video sharing site, is one of the most highly visited sites in the world. It was still in its infancy stage when it launched in Feb 2005 but grew so rapidly that Google bought it over in November 2006.
Heard of the song, “Video killed the radio star”? Pretty soon, someone might make a funny music video on YouTube that goes something like, “Video killed the TV star”. Okay, that was a lame joke.
If you go to any video site and check the most popular videos, you can see that they get almost thousands, some even millions of views/hits. This goes to show that there is a huge traffic source you can get from video marketing.
With the fast paced lives today, people are getting attention deficiency and want to absorb information fast. Therefore, videos are an easy way to grab their attention, provide valuable content and get your message across to them quickly and effectively. Now that you are clear about the importance of making videos, let’s go into the practical stuff:
Types Of Video
There are namely 3 types of video you can make to send traffic to your website, blog or even affiliate websites:-
1. PowerPoint videos with you narrating.
2. Live video of you explaining or doing something.
3. Anything cool, creative, funny but relevant to the theme of your blog or website and even your own or affiliate products.
What You Need To Do:
Whatever type of video you wish to make, you will have to meet the following basics first:
1. Research and list down the points you want to cover.
2. Prepare a simple video script.
3. Make and compile the video.
4. Submit your video to video sharing sites
The above is the main idea you need to know before doing video marketing. In part II of the next blog post, I will go more in depth into executing the steps mentioned above so that you can be on your way to driving tons of traffic to your website via video marketing. Stay tuned for the next article.
In the meantime, if you wish to discover more about content marketing and SEO services for your website, get a FREE consultation from a 786SEO expert by clicking the button below.