In the previous article: Mastering the Art of Video Marketing Part I, we mentioned that you need to do a few things before you can do video marketing. These include doing research, a video script, making and compiling the video and marketing the video. So, without further ado, let’s get into the gritty details.
The research aspect of video marketing is pretty much similar to the one I explained in researching content for article marketing. The only additional step here is to identify which type of video you wish to make.
Once you have done the research, list down the information in point form, mind map, flow chart or whichever method suits you well.
Prepare a Script
To write a simple script, do the following:
1) Open a new notepad file or any writing software document on your computer or if you prefer, take out a physical notebook and a pen/pencil.
2) Write an introduction about who you are, what you are doing/promoting and your website or blog address.
3) Type, copy and paste or write the pointers from the research section above in your writing software document or notebook.
4) Rephrase each pointer until it becomes a complete sentence. Do not worry too much if the sentence sounds simple just as long as it is comprehensible.
5) Elaborate on each point sentence by adding 3-4 sub-pointers and then rephrase these sub-pointers until they make complete sentences.
6) At the end, thank the viewer for watching your video and recommend them to check out your website or blog for more information, free stuff, et cetera.
7) Check the script carefully for any mistakes and read it through at least once to see if it is easy to understand.
Make And Compile Video
Since there are basically two types of video you can make, I will touch on each of them below:
1) Open a simple slide making software like Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides, et cetera and choose a template with preferably a light coloured background.
2) Display your website or blog link at the bottom of every slide.
3) Use the pointers you have prepared in the research part above and make a new slide with each of the pointers. Ensure that the words are quite visible and that the slide is short and sweet. Remember that the slides only serve to provide the main points of your content while you will narrate each point further in the background.
4) Rehearse the script you have prepared above. Once you are ready, read from the script and record your voice using a simple microphone connected to any recording program found on your computer.
5) Finally, use a simple video compiling software like Windows Movie Maker, Camtasia or any others to compile the slides and the sound files. Ensure that you synchronize the slides and the sound.
1) Set up your webcam or video cam.
2) Rehearse your script carefully and try to memorize or understand what you are going to say. Put the script aside or away from the camera but in your view (in case you need to refer to it).
3) Once you are ready, record yourself saying or performing the content. Try not to constantly refer to the script and act natural and normal.
4) Always begin with introducing who you are, what you are doing/promoting and inform the viewers about your website URL. Then go on to explain or perform the content. Finally, end with recommending your viewer to check out your website or blog for more information, free stuff, et cetera.
5) When you are done recording, import your video into a simple compiling video software like Windows Movie Maker or Camtasia. Add your website or blog URL at the beginning and the end. Edit and trim down the unnecessary parts while at the same time, ensure that the sound and video are synchronized. Once you are satisfied, compile the video.
Additional Tips For Making And Compiling Video:
1) Limit your video to about 2-5 minutes. Remember that you want to provide valuable content to your viewers, but at the same time you don’t want to bore them to tears with long videos. But if you really must release a long video (say about 15-20 minutes), then break them up into parts with each lasting not longer than 5- 7 minutes.
2) Don’t sound or act too rigid or nervous. Instead, be calm, compose and relaxed. Be as natural as possible. Occasional mistakes and fumbles are okay.
3) Don’t let your voice sound too monotonous. Vary your tone, pitch and loudness accordingly, try to sound enthusiastic and inject some humor where possible. With that said, it doesn’t really mean that you must sound very professional or artificial. Be natural and most importantly, be yourself.
4) As for live video, don’t worry too much about looking silly or clumsy. Again, be confident, be yourself and natural and do not be afraid to make minor mistakes because it makes you look more human and helps your viewer identify better with you.
5) And most importantly, stop pondering about whether you can do the video and start working on actually doing the video.
Marketing The Video
1) Go to the following video sites and register an account at each of them:
• YouTube - https://youtube.com/
• Vimeo Video - https://vimeo.com
2) Read the rules, regulations and guidelines of each site about the type of content that is allowed/disallowed and what you can and cannot do. Then, follow the instructions on how to upload your video onto these sites.
3) Put relevant popular keywords related to the content of your video as tags.
4) Copy the video source code from either one of the video sites and paste it into a new post for your website/blog.
5) Social bookmark your videos, link to them from your blog with good anchor keywords.
And with that, you can be on your way to making and marketing incredible videos. Remember, video marketing, if done correctly, is one of the most effective way of driving tons of traffic to your site and thus increasing your website’s popularity.
Now, if you are serious to learn more about content marketing and SEO services to generate traffic and improve sales for your website, get a FREE consultation from a 786SEO expert by clicking the button below.
In today’s attention deficient society that is easily entertained by videos, one of the main content marketing ways to bring tons of traffic to your website is by video marketing. So read the rest of the article to find out about how I’ll touch more in depth on how you can drive traffic to your blog or website by video marketing :-
What Is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is the process of making a video and then using that video to drive traffic to your website or blog. Now, before you turn off the computer and tell yourself that you can never make a video let alone market it, let me assure you that video marketing is not as difficult as it seems. But first, let me explain why you should do video marketing.
Why Do Videos?
The most obvious reason is that video is the “in” thing now and will be for the next few years. As you probably know, YouTube, a video sharing site, is one of the most highly visited sites in the world. It was still in its infancy stage when it launched in Feb 2005 but grew so rapidly that Google bought it over in November 2006.
Heard of the song, “Video killed the radio star”? Pretty soon, someone might make a funny music video on YouTube that goes something like, “Video killed the TV star”. Okay, that was a lame joke.
If you go to any video site and check the most popular videos, you can see that they get almost thousands, some even millions of views/hits. This goes to show that there is a huge traffic source you can get from video marketing.
With the fast paced lives today, people are getting attention deficiency and want to absorb information fast. Therefore, videos are an easy way to grab their attention, provide valuable content and get your message across to them quickly and effectively. Now that you are clear about the importance of making videos, let’s go into the practical stuff:
Types Of Video
There are namely 3 types of video you can make to send traffic to your website, blog or even affiliate websites:-
1. PowerPoint videos with you narrating.
2. Live video of you explaining or doing something.
3. Anything cool, creative, funny but relevant to the theme of your blog or website and even your own or affiliate products.
What You Need To Do:
Whatever type of video you wish to make, you will have to meet the following basics first:
1. Research and list down the points you want to cover.
2. Prepare a simple video script.
3. Make and compile the video.
4. Submit your video to video sharing sites
The above is the main idea you need to know before doing video marketing. In part II of the next blog post, I will go more in depth into executing the steps mentioned above so that you can be on your way to driving tons of traffic to your website via video marketing. Stay tuned for the next article.
In the meantime, if you wish to discover more about content marketing and SEO services for your website, get a FREE consultation from a 786SEO expert by clicking the button below.
We have explained why you should do articles for content marketing purposes. Now, let’s look into how you can continue your content writing process by actually writing the article.
Format Of Article
There are many variations to the format of an article but the one we present is the one we utilize effectively most of the time - be it for essay or list type of articles. Please note that you should write at least a 500-2000 word article to make it as value-added and informative as possible. Below 500 words is a little vague while above 2000 words may bore the pants off your readers or confuse them.
Alright then, let’s get to the components/structure of an article:
1) Striking Title
2) Intro Para
3) Body (Minimum 3-5 paras for essay type and at least 3 paras for list type)
5) Bio Box
The main purpose of your title is to grab the attention, invoke the curiosity and drive the reader to instantly read your article. In addition, the title should roughly explain the theme of the article. It’ll be even better if the title can present a benefit without actually exposing the content of that benefit.
E.g: How To Clear Your Self Limiting Beliefs Quickly, Easily & Without Paying A Single Dime
There are many ways to handle the introduction paragraph and these include the following non-exhaustive ways:
a)Providing a brief summary of your article’s theme/content
E.g: Truly I tell you, there is a simple technique to clear all your self-limiting beliefs. It can be performed between 30 to 60 seconds once you have mastered it, does not involve any struggle, does not require any equipment at all and most importantly, is absolutely and completely free. (Article’s Theme: Self-Limiting Beliefs)
b) Asking question(s) related to your article’s theme/content
E.g: Do you know how good you are at what you do? When was the last time you did an objective evaluation of your skills, abilities and aptitudes - that determine how ’successful’ you are in whatever it is that you do? (Article’s Theme: Success)
c) A combination of a) & b)
E.g: Did you ever find yourself in a situation where you saw someone just becoming successful or achieve a certain breakthrough and you thought to yourself, “I can never do that.” Most of us probably have, even the successful individuals, at some point in our lives experience this feeling. This is the result of something called self-limiting beliefs that has been rooted in your mind. (Article’s Theme: Self-Limiting Beliefs)
What’s important to note is that your introduction paragraph should be enticing and engaging for the reader so that he/she will be willing to continue reading the rest of your article.
For each of the paragraphs, state a point related to the theme of your article which can also be called a topic sentence. You should usually do this in first sentence. Then elaborate on the point with more specific details.
E.g: Once you have focused on an idea, you must next remain completely focused to resist making too many changes. (Point related to theme of focus) A few changes here and there is alright but making too much will only slow down your rate of success. Always remember that being focused means you must know the exact path or direction you want to and will be taking once you decide on an idea or a few ideas and not deviate away from it. And once you are clear of the exact path or direction to take, it will definitely steer you towards taking the right and effective actions towards transforming that idea or ideas into a successful reality. (Article’s Theme: Success)
Your conclusion should reiterate the theme of your article and/or one or more of the points stated in the body of your article. Then lead or encourage the reader to find out more by recommending her the resource(s) in your bio box below.
E.g: Although most people do not know how to break their conditioned mental and behavioral patterns let alone the fact that they actually can do so, it is absolutely possible to both learn and unlearn new patterns no matter how old (or young) you are, or how long you’ve been stuck in a detrimental and unhelpful mental, physical or emotional state throughout your life. So in order to reprogram your supercomputer and begin controlling your mind for success, check out my bio box below.
Once you have your original articles ready, write up your own author resource box or bio box that tells readers about yourself. Be short and sweet but clearly explain who you are, what you do and the benefits of the product/website you are promoting. Do not forget to include a link back to your main/product page or affiliate link for any links back to the merchant’s site in your article bio box.
While writing an article may seem like a daunting task, it will be well worth your effort. But if you still feel that you are not cut out to write articles, then the alternative is to get someone who specializes in content marketing services to do it for you.
To find out more content marketing and SEO services for your website, get a FREE consultation from a 786SEO expert by clicking the button below.
A Brief Introduction To Article Marketing
Article or bum marketing is the process of content writing via articles on specific topic/niche to promote a product and then use these articles to drive traffic to your or your merchant’s website.
There are basically two common types of articles - Essay & Lists. Essay type articles is something like writing a short story with paragraphs of information only that it is factual and is linked to a theme. Articles written in the form of lists usually involves listing down a few (as little as 3) things you should do, mistakes you should avoid, ways you can perform certain tasks, et cetera. Certain people prefer this kind of articles because it is easier to absorb and one can easily gather the main points quickly.
Why Should You Bother With Article Marketing?
Now, I know you’ll probably be dreading about having to write paragraphs after paragraphs of content but let me assure you that it is well worth your time and effort. Article marketing is still one of the most effective and fastest ways to promote affiliate products and drive traffic to your merchant’s site or your site.
How Do You Get Started With Article Marketing?
The most obvious first step is to write the article first. But then you’ll probably be wondering how do I write an article when I don’t know what to write about? And this is where a little research comes in handy. To find out where and how you can do an effective research, please read on:
Researching And Planning Theme/Content For Article
Since you will be promoting themes about your website/blog and/or products related to these themes, what better way to get ideas and information then to go right straight to the internet? Yes, go visit websites or blogs related to your website themes or run through email messages if you are subscriber to their newsletters. Peruse through the numerous articles in various categories/topics or go through their videos/ecourses/free products if any.
Then pick out the main points and use them as the basis for a similar original article of your own. Or if you like, feel free to come up with your own list of points to do with each theme. If need be, research even more on Google or other search engines. However, please do not copy an article wholesale from the website or blog as you may end up in trouble with the webmaster over copyright issues.
Next, plan the content of your article by listing down the theme followed by the main points. Branch out each main point with at least 3 or more sub points. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can do a mind/concept map or flowchart.
Once you are done with the research and planning process, you can start writing the article. But if you are still dreading about having to put in so much time and effort
into writing articles, then the next best thing to do is to engage a professional who specializes in content marketing services to do it for you instead.
Get a Free Consultation from a 786SEO Specialist for All your SEO & Content Marketing Needs!
You should be aware of what blogging is by now, why it is important and how to start content writing for your blog. But to generate more audience to your blog, you need to generate traffic to your blog. The rest of the article will explain how to use content marketing services to bring tons of traffic to your blog.
Blog And Ping
To ping is basically to knock on the doors of search engines and say something like, “Hey! I have a blog here with new, fresh content. So come and visit it!” In other words, to ping search engines is to let them know that your blog exist so that they will bring relevant traffic to your blog.
The following are various ways you can ping the search engines:
1) Go to Pingler. Enter your blog address and keywords related to the theme of your. Choose the category that is most suitable for your blog. Enter a captcha code, then click Ping. If you will like your blog to be indexed and ranked faster, then you can opt for a premium subscriber service instead.
2) Create a ‘Hub’ at Hubpages on topics related with the theme of your blog or website. Do not forget to add a link to your blog. You can find out more about Hubpages Hubs and how to create one here.
3) Go to Stumble Upon, download and install the Stumble Bar toolbar, register an account and start “stumbling” your blog posts. To find out more about using the Stumble Bar toolbar, go to the help page here.
Social Media Bookmarking
Go to the following social media websites:
Register an account for each respective social media website and start bookmarking your blog posts. Some blogs and websites such as Weebly have more powerful blogs with plugins that allow you and your readers to bookmark your post immediately.
Post Comments on Other Blogs
Posting comments on other people’s blogs is one of the great ways to let other webmasters and bloggers know about your blog. To do this, simply search and go to other blogs related to the theme of your website or blog.
Look and read through their blog posts and post smart comment(s) where necessary. Your comments do not have to be long paragraphs, even one or two sentences will do, so as long as they are constructive and pleasant.
Type in your blog/website URL (for webmasters and readers of that blog to follow the link back to your blog) if there is a section for you to do so. But do not include an affiliate link (if your blog is promoting an affiliate product) as most webmasters do not allow affiliate URLs and consider it spam. Use only your own blog or website links (e.g. ‘http://yourblog.blogspot.com’ or ‘http://www.yoursite.com’).
So there you go, a few simple yet effective ways to bring traffic to your blog or website. But if you will like to utilize even more effective traffic methods such as content writing services and SEO for content writing to reap multiple benefits, then check out our content marketing services now.
We have explained about what is a blog and how to start one in our previous articles: Everything you Need to Know About Blogs and How To Get Started with your Blog Before you Do Content Writing. In this article, we will touch on how you can do content writing for your blog.
As you are probably aware, blogging is basically the process of posting content onto your blog. If you have already set up your blog/website, herein follows the various methods you can do to start posting content on your blog:
1) Write a list of 10 Cool Things
Find 10 things you find cool, beneficial or valuable about the theme of your website/blog. Then put up a general post about these 10 things and explain why you find them cool, beneficial or valuable. In fact from the 10 things, you can branch out and put up an individual post for each of the 10 things. If you are promoting your own or affiliate service or product related to those 10 things, then recommend to your readers to visit the page by putting a link back to that page at the end of your post.
2) Write Original Articles
Write original articles of your own about 500 words each on themes related to your niche. For example if your niche is about money, you can write articles about investment, savings, wealth creation and business. Then post the articles on your blog at regular intervals like once a week or month.
3) Write your Own Review or Commentary
Search the web for articles related to your blog or website theme. Then pick a few articles that interest you and write your own review or commentary about them on your blog. In addition, you can also write a review or commentary on any eCourses and products that you have gone through or used. You can write the post by giving a brief summary of the article/eCourse/product followed by why you liked or disliked it and whether you would recommend it to others.
4) Add a Video into a Blog Post
Go to a video site like YouTube and look for videos that you like. Then obtain the video code and put it in a new post on your blog. Also add some content before the video like a brief summary about it and highlight some exciting parts which your blog viewers should watch out for.
5) Convert an Article into a Video
In addition to just adding videos from video sites, you can make videos of your own and post it on your blog. Convert any of your text articles into a video with you narrating the points covered in the article or even a live video. Thereafter, post the video to a video site like YouTube and add a link in the video description to your blog/website. Finally, copy the video source code from Youtube and paste it into a new blog post.
And there you have it, top 5 ways to start content writing for your blog. But of course, most of the ways mentioned above requires a lot of time and effort. A more practical way to start content writing for your blog is to engage an SEO company that offers reliable content marketing services. And you can look no further than our very own content writing services.
In our previous article, Everything you Need to Know About Blogs, we talked about blogs and why you should start one. In this article we will go more in depth into the technical aspects of creating your blog before you start on your content writing.
How To Create your Blog
You can start to create your blog by registering a free blog account at either Blogger, or Wordpress. Then follow the instructions given and you will be on the way to quickly starting your blog. While the exact steps may vary, the basic steps to follow will usually be as follows:
1) Create an account
2) Give your blog a name
3) Choose a template for the outlook of your blog
Tips to Follow When Choosing a Blog Name
Blogs can be used for a myriad of reasons and purposes. These include but not limited to blog posts detailing your daily/weekly/monthly activities, writing about topics of interest, reviewing a movie, song or play that you have watched, providing valuable content for the masses and even promoting your own or affiliate products.
Depending on what you will be using your blog for, you should choose a blog name that clearly reflects and is more specific to the themes, content and nature of your blog . However, do check if the name has already been taken. If yes, modify the name a little or choose another variation of the name.
Incorporate Blog to your Website
Next, while not completely necessary but preferable, you can incorporate your blog to your website if you already have one. There are different ways to do so for Blogger and Wordpress, but it can usually be done during the blog registration process mentioned earlier. Just be sure to follow the exact instructions given on each respective site.
If you do not own a website, but would like to start one, register a domain at Namecheap, and get a web hosting account at InMotion Hosting. A domain is basically the address/name of your website while a web hosting is the place where you store your website content online so that other people can access them. If you want to find out more about setting up websites from a wide range of helpful resources including FAQs and even video tutorials, go to Namecheap and InMotion Hosting support pages.
Once you have created your blog and/or incorporate it to your website, the next crucial step is to start on the content writing and content marketing for your blog. These may come in many forms but the essential ones are writing articles and creating videos, infographics and podcasts. All these content can then be posted on your blog to generate buzz and bring in traffic to your blog. If you are interested to learn more about how a professional SEO company can do content writing and content marketing for your blog, head on over to 786SEO premium content marketing services now.
What is a Blog?
A blog or ‘web log’ initially started out as an online diary for people to post about the diary of events in their lives. These include events they went through in the day, week and month. They also blog about what they like /dislike, how they feel, friends, families and others.
Now, a blog is still used for the above reasons but its purpose has also included providing valuable content, advice and information for others to find. It is somewhat like a website now and has a lot of social credibility. Businesses are also tapping on blogs to build up their brand and as part of their content marketing strategy.
Why Start a Blog?
Now that you have been given an introduction to what is a blog, let’s look into why you should start one:
Simple & Convenient
A blog is simple to install and involves little hassle to manage. You can start your content writing journey by going to blog sites like Blogger and Wordpress. Once there, sign up for a free account and then you can start posting. Alternatively, if you have your own website on web 2.0 sites like weebly, you can easily start a blog as well and be on the way to blogging.
Create Instant Web Presence
When you start a blog, you almost instantly create a web presence. This is because blogs, especially those on Blogger (owned by Google) and Wordpress, are indexed faster by spiders. Spiders are programs that crawl your website in search of fresh content.This means that search engines are more likely to put your website on their index of searches. So, when someone searches for specific keywords related to the content posted on your blog, there stands a better chance of your blog being listed. What’s more, a large blog site can be much easier to find than a regular website. A blog can attract a very fast, reliable source of traffic so as long as you often update your blog with new and fresh content regularly.
Freedom to Write about Topics of Interest
With a blog, you have the freedom to choose the topics you want to blog about. You can write about virtually anything under the sun. These include topics that you like, what you went through during the day or week, your hobbies, favourite foods, hangouts and entertainment such as movies, shows, music and games. In addition, if you are into business, you can write about anything or a niche topic related to business. Another popular use of a blog is to write reviews about a product or service and promote affiliate or even your own products that are related to your topics of interest.
What you Should Next
Now that you know about blogging and why you should start doing it if you haven’t done so, what do you do next? The logical answer will be to start your own blog and add original content. But if you are busy or have difficulty writing, an alternative is to engage an SEO agency that specialises in content marketing services. So check out our content marketing services and be on your way to blogging now.